Types of Liquid Silicone Rubber Injection Molding Machines: Horizontal vs. Vertical2023/05/11
Horizontal and vertical liquid silicone injection molding machines are designed to meet the specific requirements of molding liquid silicone rubber (LSR) materials. Although they share similarities in the LSR injection process, their configurations and applications vary.
Horizontal Liquid Silicone Rubber Injection Molding Machine
These machines are the most commonly used type in the industry. They feature a horizontal clamping unit and a horizontal injection unit. The LSR material is metered and fed into the injection unit, where it is mixed and then injected into the mold cavity.
Horizontal LSR injection molding machines are suitable for high-volume production and offer several benefits, including:
- Better ergonomics due to a lower working height, which ensures easy mold loading and unloading.
- Enhanced efficiency as the machine can accommodate multiple cavities, increasing production throughput.
- Easier integration with automated systems for part handling and post-processing.
Vertical Liquid Silicone Rubber Injection Molding Machine
These machines have a vertical clamping unit and a vertical injection unit. They are typically used for insert molding, overmolding, and other specialized applications where a horizontal machine may not be suitable.
Vertical LSR injection molding machines offer several advantages, such as:
- Compact footprint, which can be beneficial in facilities with limited floor space.
- Enhanced precision and control for insert molding and overmolding processes, as the LSR material is injected directly into the mold cavity with minimal risk of material leakage.
- Better suited for low-volume production or prototyping.
Each type has its advantages, and the choice between them depends on specific production requirements. If you are looking for high-volume production, then a horizontal LSR injection molding machine might be the best option for you. On the other hand, if you need precision control for insert molding or overmolding, a vertical machine might be more suitable.
To make an informed decision, it is crucial to evaluate the features of each machine carefully. Our article "Top Features to Consider When Choosing a Liquid Silicone Injection Molding Machine" provides useful insights into the essential features to look for in a liquid silicone injection molding machine.
Visit our other product pages to learn more about our liquid silicone injection molding machines and how they can benefit your production needs.